feenotes Forum Index feenotes

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moment of Glory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    feenotes Forum Index -> Group & Band Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PapaMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Moment of Glory Reply with quote

A CD from a hard rock band and a symphony orchestra? From Germany??

When I first saw Moment of Glory in the record store, I had to give it a listen. I mean, I've always liked the Scorpions. And this CD was mostly stuff I've heard (and liked) before. They wouldn't release it if it didn't "work", right. (Well, some bands have released some real stinkers, but stillll...) So I listened to the previews of the tracks, and sure enough, i loved it. So I bought the CD. Listening to it again, I decided I really like some of the songs A LOT. Like "Still Loving You". It's a sad-but-somewhat-hopeful song. And when the violins weep, it just adds so much to what would otherwise be just another "bad boy ballad".

And in the rockers, like the title track or "Hurricane 2000", the addition of the brasses gives them even more power. There are a couple of instrumentals that show what a hard rock band and a philharmonic orchestra can do together. If you've never heard it, give them a listen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    feenotes Forum Index -> Group & Band Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: