Also known as the Dresdner Philharmonie, this orchestra was founded in 1870 in Dresden,Germany, and known as Gewerbehausorchester for the first opening of the concert hall. The orchestra was given its present name in 1915.
They have had many distinguished principal conductors including Kurt Masur, Michel Plasson, Herbert Kegel, Gunther Herbig and the current holder of the position Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos and esteemed guest conductors have included composers such as Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Strauss and Brahms.
Their home concerts are made in the Dresden Kulturpalast festival hall and their tours have seen the orchestra giving performances in the United States, South America, Japan and Israel.
Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni recordings
Adagio in G
Laserlight 15 688 (CD: Meditation – Classical Relaxation, Vol. 3)
Conductor – Herbert Kegel