Rest in Peace Michael!

Chat about your favourite and least favourite Composers and Artists in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

fiona
Feenotes Owner

Rest in Peace Michael!

Post by fiona »

I am so sad at the loss of Michel Jackson who died yesterday.

He was one of those people who I grew up with and was always there. I faithfully bought all of his records and played them till they were almost worn out.

I remember seeing him on the TV as a kid with the Jackson 5 and waiting in fervent anticipation to be able to see the premiere of the "Thriller" video which was only allowed to be on after the watershed. It blew me away, as well as most of my friends, and it has been acclaimed as a groundbreaker ever since. The album still holds the record as the biggest seller in history.

I was always dancing and music is a massive part of my life, so he was an inspiration and had a huge influence on me during the '70s, '80s and '90s.

Granted his life has been up and down and many of the things that we have seen and heard about him lately have been questionable but whether you like him or not, there is no question that the mark he made on the world, from the time he was a child until the time of his death, was unforgettable.

I'll miss you Michael.
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
dmsesquire
Feenotes Contributor

R.I.P.

Post by dmsesquire »

May he rest in peace. :5086:
Five out of four people have trouble with fractions.
Thomas
Feenotes Technical

Post by Thomas »

I happened to be online last night when a lot of the media was speculating over what were current events. Unfortunately as soon as I knew he'd been rushed to Hospital I knew immediately what the next official line would be.

I had a feeling something was up a few months ago when it was announced he was playing a large number of high profile concerts in London. Bearing in mind he hadn't completed a concert in what, 10-15 years? I get the feeling the media will have a lot of things to share with us over the next few months and possibly years.

I share the same birthday as him, and have a lot of his recordings. I practically wore my 'Bad' album on tape out I played it so much. Also I vividly remember standing in a little Hi-Fi store in Glasgow a few years ago listening to Thriller on Vinyl and listening in awe at the work and effort put into creating a wonderful piece of music. It wasn't the equipment, but it was the people behind the music, and essentially Michael at his prime.

He suffered a lot over the years, and I always hold the greatest of respect for him no matter what anyone else says. I just hope he is now at peace.

RIP Michael Joseph Jackson, August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009
Thomas
Feenotes Website Development & Hosting
PapaMouse

I think it's a pity that, as talented as he was...

Post by PapaMouse »

...(And he was talented), it's a shame that he'll be remembered by many people for all the things that may not have been true about him: the pedophilia, the desire to be white, the Peter Pan issues.

Personally, I prefer his earlier work with his brothers, and his early solo efforts. But his later stuff has its merits, too.
Lord, you have filled my cup so full,
How can I fear tomorrow?
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: I think it's a pity that, as talented as he was...

Post by jodlyn »

PapaMouse wrote:...(And he was talented), it's a shame that he'll be remembered by many people for all the things that may not have been true about him: the pedophilia, the desire to be white, the Peter Pan issues.

Personally, I prefer his earlier work with his brothers, and his early solo efforts. But his later stuff has its merits, too.
I liked his earlier stuff too, Pat and you're right about what he'll be remembered for. The minute I heard about his death, I automatically thought of him dangling his baby over that balcony. I couldn't help it.
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!