Rest in Peace Luciano Pavarotti.

Chat about your favourite and least favourite Composers and Artists in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

fiona
Feenotes Owner

Rest in Peace Luciano Pavarotti.

Post by fiona »

As everyone will know, Luciano Pavarotti died early this morning at home in Modena, Italy. He was largely responsible for bringing operatic music to the masses rather than keeping it to an elite audience. Often associated with "Nessun Dorma", we all remember the Three Tenors concerts with Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras as well as his duets with many of today's pop artists.

He will be sorely missed in the music world.

As my own very small mark of respect I will do an entry for him to appear on the list for today that will give him his well-earned page on the site.
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

I was so sad to read about his passing!

Post by jodlyn »

fiona wrote:As everyone will know, Luciano Pavarotti died early this morning at home in Modena, Italy. He was largely responsible for bringing operatic music to the masses rather than keeping it to an elite audience. Often associated with "Nessun Dorma", we all remember the Three Tenors concerts with Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras as well as his duets with many of today's pop artists.

He will be sorely missed in the music world.

As my own very small mark of respect I will do an entry for him to appear on the list for today that will give him his well-earned page on the site.
From what I've read, it's a blessing really because of the pain of his illness, but it's still a loss for the music world. I've always loved opera, but he made it more enjoyable to listen to. I remember some of his work on television specials, and they were so fun to watch and listen to. His Christmas album with Charlotte Church is gorgeous.

I'll add my voice to the Rest in Peace, Mr. Pavarotti. The angels are certainly having a wonderful concert this morning. My deepest condolences to his family, his friends and his fans!
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
tmac396

I was sad to read this today.

Post by tmac396 »

I feel that it was a blessing, too, because of the great pain. May he rest in peace and my deepest condolences also go out to his family. He will be missed terribly. I agree with Jody.His Christmas album with Charlotte Church is beautiful.
Toolin' down the highway doing 79,
I'm a twin-pipe papa and I'm feeling fine...
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: The album is still constantly sold out constantly...

Post by jodlyn »

The songs are quite beautiful!
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!