Would you put your 4 year old on a talent show?

Chat about your favourite and least favourite Composers and Artists in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Would you put your 4 year old on a talent show?

Post by jodlyn »

http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/video/1

This really gives new life into the age old debate of having very young children in talent shows or beauty pageants. Quite frankly, while she's very adorable, I wouldn't vote for her. She's too young in my opinion. While I think my little 1 year old grandson is a child prodigy and can do amazing things :), I wouldn't put him up against older more experienced teenagers or adults. It's just not fair to any of them.

What do you all think?
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Good subject Jody.

Post by fiona »

I have never, and will never, agree with putting your child onto the stage before they are ready and know what you are doing to them. These parents are not doing it for the good of their children in my eyes, it's for themeselves and what they can get out of it.

The other thing that we see so much of, is people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson that were pushed from a young age and have gone into adulthod with very obvious problems. I'm sure a lot of it stems from not having a proper childhood. :(

Your wonderful grandson is a child prodigy to you as most grandchildren and children are to their grandparents/parents but you know that he is not going to be stuck on a stage for the entertainment of others. That's what makes you sensible and realistic and also very loving towards him.:7207:
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Good subject Jody.

Post by jodlyn »

fiona wrote:Your wonderful grandson is a child prodigy to you as most grandchildren and children are to their grandparents/parents but you know that he is not going to be stuck on a stage for the entertainment of others. That's what makes you sensible and realistic and also very loving towards him.:7207:
Awww! You're so sweet! :7207:

I agree with your statement about it's for the parents! These young ones really have no clue what it's all about. They just know they're on a stage singing or doing a pageant. It's sad to me...
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!