A Muse on Music

Chat about your favourite and least favourite Groups and Bands in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

A Muse on Music

Post by jodlyn »

For many baby boomers, the bands of the 50's, 60's, and 70's are the main source of our musical delight. Well, except for those of us who love classical music, then you're looking at us being ancient. :D For the most part, we listen to and love classic rock. We talk about how the music of the day can't compare with those from our time.

But can they? I like Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20. Never mind I was introduced to his music from his video with Santana (another oldie), I like his style of singing and his look. I also like some of the female singers like Jewel, Sarah McLachlan and others. I listen to Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, Creed, My Chemical Romance or others when one of their songs touches me. I have all the Back Street Boys cd's. :oops:

So for you baby boomers out there..is there a more current group or singer you like? Someone who doesn't fit what your normal range is, but you like them anyway? Someone who your family and friends would look at you and go, "HUH?"

What's your up to date guilty pleasures? :)
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
fiona
Feenotes Owner

My guilty pleasures....

Post by fiona »

....run the whole gamut of music, as you know.

I love the 50s, 60s and 70s but I also adore the music from the 80s and some of the 90s too. Conversely I like music from the 20s. 30s and 40s too.

Hmmm for now it's not so easy. Coldplay are pretty good, Avril Levigne. Nelly Furtado, Snow Patrol, Jamiroquai and more, but I will say they standard "they don't make them like they used to".
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: My guilty pleasures....

Post by jodlyn »

....run the whole gamut of music, as you know.
That's for sure. You really know them all. :)

Hmm I like Coldplay, Avirl and Furtado, but I haven't listened to Snow Patrol or Jamirquai.

My problem now is I can't get past the country rock. I used to hate it with a passion, but now that I'm driving that big ol' truck with the hitch, I can't listen to anything else. Well, I do force myself to turn to 105.9 Jack FM. At least my fingers still know where the classic rock station is... :)
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!