Oh MY STARS....

Chat about your favourite and least favourite Groups and Bands in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Oh MY STARS....

Post by jodlyn »

It's getting closer and closer.

ZZ Top, the Pretenders and the Stray Cats will be here in 3 weeks. Fee, I know you're not a fan of the Pretenders, but I'll go just to see the cute bearded guys driving that gorgeous coupe! :P

:8827: :17091:
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
tmac396

Oh, my STARS INDEED!

Post by tmac396 »

jodlyn wrote:It's getting closer and closer.

ZZ Top, the Pretenders and the Stray Cats will be here in 3 weeks. Fee, I know you're not a fan of the Pretenders, but I'll go just to see the cute bearded guys driving that gorgeous coupe! :P

What a lineup! Fee duesn't care for the Pretenders? Well..I won't hold that against her! :D You are going to really dig ZZ Top! Have you ever seen them? Will Brian Setzer be with the Stray Cats? I really dig that retro rockabilly, Daddy-O! 8) I WANT TO GO, TOO!
Toolin' down the highway doing 79,
I'm a twin-pipe papa and I'm feeling fine...
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: Oh, my STARS INDEED AGAIN!

Post by fiona »

tmac396 wrote:
jodlyn wrote:It's getting closer and closer.

What a lineup! Fee duesn't care for the Pretenders? Well..I won't hold that against her! :D You are going to really dig ZZ Top! Have you ever seen them? Will Brian Setzer be with the Stray Cats? I really dig that retro rockabilly, Daddy-O! 8) I WANT TO GO, TOO!
No Fee really doesn't care for The Pretenders at all. Once "Brass in Pocket" entered the collection then that was it for me I'm afraid. :oops:

Now on the other hand, those men with the beards and the other one really called "Beard" are a completely different matter. I want to see them. I love them. Yes I will admit I am a bit of a traditionalist with them and adore "Blue Jean Blues" from a million years ago, but get me there and I'll be up there rocking along beside them. 8)

I wouldn't mind a bop with the Stray Cats either. :17091:
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
tmac396

Oh, my STARS INDEED one MORE time!

Post by tmac396 »

fiona wrote:No Fee really doesn't care for The Pretenders at all. Once "Brass in Pocket" entered the collection then that was it for me I'm afraid. :oops:
I'm forced to agree with you on "Brass in Pocket"...never really liked it and it was played so much thatI got SICK of it! BUT...I really love the "Learning to Crawl" album. "Middle of the Road" and "Thumbelina" are hard-driving songs that I LOVE!

Ironic isn't it? The one guy in ZZ Top without a beard is named Frank Beard! :D I want to see these guys again. It's been about ten years since I last saw them. Best concert I've ever been to...that I remember, anyway! :oops:

Ditto on bopping with the Cats, too Fee! :17091: I don't guess that I knew they were back together.
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: Oh, my STARS INDEED two MORE times!

Post by fiona »

tmac396 wrote:I'm forced to agree with you on "Brass in Pocket"...never really liked it and it was played so much thatI got SICK of it! BUT...I really love the "Learning to Crawl" album. "Middle of the Road" and "Thumbelina" are hard-driving songs that I LOVE!

Ironic isn't it? The one guy in ZZ Top without a beard is named Frank Beard! :D I want to see these guys again. It's been about ten years since I last saw them. Best concert I've ever been to...that I remember, anyway! :oops:

Ditto on bopping with the Cats, too Fee! :17091: I don't guess that I knew they were back together.
I never cared for Chrissie Hynde's voice and I just never managed to get "into" them at all. Not that I was worried because there seemed to be a lot better out there at the time in my humble opinion.

I have never seen any of these bands live so it would be good for the experience let alone the fact that I adore them. Living where I do there is a dearth of live music, although Stirling Castle has put on a few good concerts but I have made extra special effort to travel for Paul Carrack and Seal before. 8) Now when I lived in London that was a totally different matter and you couldn't hold me back. :17091:
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: I'll save you a seat...

Post by jodlyn »

If I can hint for tickets for my birthday subtle enough. It really does look like fun. :4944: :17091:

I love ZZ Top and their singing and of course that gorgeous car they drive onstage, but you know what I like the most? I really like it when they twirl their guitars completely in time with each other. *Sigh* It doesn't take much to thrill me! :P :D
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: True..we all seem to agree..

Post by jodlyn »

fiona wrote:No Fee really doesn't care for The Pretenders at all. Once "Brass in Pocket" entered the collection then that was it for me I'm afraid. :oops:
It's the same with me. "Brass in Pocket" ruined me for the group. It's really interesting how a band or singer can really have their finger on the pulse of listeners, but then go so badly out of sync.

We'll all just stick gum in our ears when the Pretenders come on. :)

Soooo Fee? Are we going in the limo or the Hummer?
tmac396

Well now...

Post by tmac396 »

jodlyn wrote:We'll all just stick gum in our ears when the Pretenders come on. :)

Soooo Fee? Are we going in the limo or the Hummer?
...I'M going to be listening to (and watching) Chrissie and the Pretenders! Except for th above-mentioned song, of course. :D

Hey...will you two pick me up whenever you decide on which vehicle? :D
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: Well now...

Post by fiona »

tmac396 wrote:...I'M going to be listening to (and watching) Chrissie and the Pretenders! Except for th above-mentioned song, of course. :D

Hey...will you two pick me up whenever you decide on which vehicle? :D
That's good as you can wake me up when I fall asleep to "2000 Mii-iii-yawn-iii-les." :lol:

Just stand at the end of the street looking expectant and we'll notice you I'm sure. :wink: :P
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Sure we'll pick you up!

Post by jodlyn »

tmac396 wrote:...I'M going to be listening to (and watching) Chrissie and the Pretenders! Except for th above-mentioned song, of course. :D
Maybe we'll go with the Hummer limo. The black one really is cool. :)

I'm a fan of the Pretenders also. I really don't have a problem with them, it's just I agree with you and Fee both on some of their work. I have a few bands who've had all their songs appeal to me, but it's rare. The Moody Blues, the Eagles and some of the early rock bands are those, but so for others, I skip some of their songs.

Good morning to you! I hope you had a good weekend. [hug]
tmac396

Okay, Y'all!

Post by tmac396 »

jodlyn wrote:Maybe we'll go with the Hummer limo. The black one really is cool. :)
I'm standing on the curb waiting. I've even got earplugs for Fee for the Pretenders' set! :D
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: Okay, Y'all!

Post by fiona »

tmac396 wrote:I'm standing on the curb waiting. I've even got earplugs for Fee for the Pretenders' set! :D
Just so caring. :7207:

:lol:
tmac396

Yep!

Post by tmac396 »

fiona wrote:
tmac396 wrote:I'm standing on the curb waiting. I've even got earplugs for Fee for the Pretenders' set! :D
Just so caring. :7207:

:lol:
That's me, darlin'! Anything for my ladies! :7207:
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Anything...

Post by jodlyn »

tmac396 wrote:That's me, darlin'! Anything for my ladies! :7207:
Will you stand up in the moon roof and show us why the roof window is called a MOON roof?? :oops: We won't tell! :wink:

:D

Be waiting at the corner. The limo will be there for sure! :7207: You can keep me from throwing myself at ZZ Top! :D
tmac396

Re: Anything...

Post by tmac396 »

jodlyn wrote:Will you stand up in the moon roof and show us why the roof window is called a MOON roof?? :oops: We won't tell! :wink:
If you REALLY promise not to tell! :oops:

jodlyn wrote:Be waiting at the corner. The limo will be there for sure! :7207: You can keep me from throwing myself at ZZ Top! :D
I'll be waiting, darlin'! :D That may be a tough assignment, though! Maybe I can keep you "occupied" somehow! :twisted: