A different kind of music topic...

Chat about the latest and greatest, or the oldest and best in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

A different kind of music topic...

Post by jodlyn »

With the appeal of the internet, we can all listen to music so easily now. I remember the days of radio, record players and 8-tracks but now, there's songs being downloaded by the millions every day, and YouTube makes it so simple to watch older and newer music videos. What MTV did for the television music viewer, Youtube is doing for everyone.

We can change the question as moods or situations change, but I thought I would start it off with this one:

What song fits what you are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiztRia ... ed&search=

Right now, it's this one by Little Big Town. Oh there's so many others with growing up in the deep South, but this one seems to fit right now. Lately, I've been remembering back to times past, and I was thinking of when I grew up with my grandmother right next to the Mississippi river. I'd go up to the levees and watch the big ships and paddle boats move up and down. Since I lived so close to the docks, I'd get to see cotton bales, brown sugar and other thing being unloaded. Then I'd come home to gumbo or jambalaya cooking on the stove and fresh bread just out of the oven. On Friday nights, my grandmother would take me up to the jazz clubs, and we'd sit outside listening and watching the tappers dancing for change. On Saturday, we'd head down to the swamps just as the sun rose and trap crabs and crawfish for dinner. Sunday morning was spent in church and then sports watching later.

So many memories...
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
tmac396

Cool topic, Jody...

Post by tmac396 »

...I'm definitely coming back to this one when I get a little more time!

By the way...I realy like that video.
Toolin' down the highway doing 79,
I'm a twin-pipe papa and I'm feeling fine...
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Cool topic, Jody...

Post by jodlyn »

tmac396 wrote:...I'm definitely coming back to this one when I get a little more time!

By the way...I realy like that video.
Thanks, and I do hope you come back to answer! I'd like to read your opinion. :7207:
fiona
Feenotes Owner

You know this is a great topic

Post by fiona »

I chose this one as it is one that I really believe has been my "inner message" all the time. There is no way I'd be here or maybe even alive if I didn't follow this rule as it's been a bumpy road....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhJvap2Fgw

:D
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: You know this is a great topic

Post by jodlyn »

fiona wrote:I chose this one as it is one that I really believe has been my "inner message" all the time. There is no way I'd be here or maybe even alive if I didn't follow this rule as it's been a bumpy road....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhJvap2Fgw

:D
What a pretty song and video. I have never heard this one before. It's so lovely. Yes, I can see this being yours. It fits you! [big hug]
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: You know this is a great topic

Post by fiona »

jodlyn wrote: What a pretty song and video. I have never heard this one before. It's so lovely. Yes, I can see this being yours. It fits you! [big hug]
I'm glad you liked it. :D
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
tmac396

This IS a great topic...

Post by tmac396 »

I thought a long time and I guess this song sums up my lifi pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNfqNwH8eXs

Substitute "Tallahatchie" for "Chattahoochie" and you've pretty much got my young life. I'm STILL pretty laid back and feel like a kid at heart most of the time. Give me a river or lake and a tent and a bonfire and I'm at my happiest! Well...i need my tunes too!
Toolin' down the highway doing 79,
I'm a twin-pipe papa and I'm feeling fine...
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Thanks...

Post by jodlyn »

:7207:
tmac396 wrote:I thought a long time and I guess this song sums up my lifi pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNfqNwH8eXs

Substitute "Tallahatchie" for "Chattahoochie" and you've pretty much got my young life. I'm STILL pretty laid back and feel like a kid at heart most of the time. Give me a river or lake and a tent and a bonfire and I'm at my happiest! Well...i need my tunes too!

Great Alan Jackson video and song. I think a lot of times some people get so busy they don't look the simple things staring them right in the face. Getting away for peace and quiet sure reminds us of those.

Thanks for posting on the thread. :)