Stuck-in-your-head songs.

Chat about the latest and greatest, or the oldest and best in here.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Site Contributors

PapaMouse

Stuck-in-your-head songs.

Post by PapaMouse »

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head, for no apparent reason? I'm not talking about a song that you've heard, or that someone else has mentioned, and now you can't get rid of it. I mean a song that just pops into your head, even though you haven't heard it in over a month or so.

I last listened to my OBCR of Camelot maybe in mid-October. And yet, last night at work my head started singing "I Loved You Once In Silence". (My head does a great imitation of Julie Andrews' voice.) Why that song or that musical, I don't know. (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that whenever someone asks for Camel Lights, I start singing {silently, of course} "Camelliiiiights! Camelliiiiights! I'd like a pack of Camel Lights." :roll: )

I know this sort of thing has happened to me before. So I was wondering: Does this sort of thing happen to any of you fine/weird people?
Lord, you have filled my cup so full,
How can I fear tomorrow?
tmac396

Oh, yes...

Post by tmac396 »

This happens to me every day! I ALWAYS have some song running through my head. Today, for some unknown reason, it's "Some Enchanted Evening." In particular, the Jay and the Americans version. Don't ask me why. Tomorrow it will be a different one. :682:

One recurring one is "Woo-Hoo" by the Rock-a-Teens. You know..there is a cover version of it on all the Vonage comercials. "Woo-hoo----woo-hoo-hoo..." THAT one! It's just so darn catchy!:D
Toolin' down the highway doing 79,
I'm a twin-pipe papa and I'm feeling fine...
fiona
Feenotes Owner

I've always got one or another in my head

Post by fiona »

Today it was Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade and I blame another member of these boards for that. :wink: :P
I'm not going to let my history pull me down and hold me back, you see.
tmac396

GEE!

Post by tmac396 »

fiona wrote:Today it was Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade and I blame another member of these boards for that. :wink: :P
That's strange..."Merry Christmas Everybody" by Slade is running through MY head today, as well! What a coincidence! :P :D
tmac396

Today...

Post by tmac396 »

...it's "Image of a Girl" by the Safaris. I heard it as i was getting ready for work and it's stuck in my head for the day now. Good song, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqD3uyQr-vc
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

I Want to Come Over by Melissa Etheridge...

Post by jodlyn »

It's been playing in my head ever since it came on Sirius radio this morning. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjWpHgbXVs
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way!
tmac396

What Does it Take (To Win Your Love) - Junior Walker...

Post by tmac396 »

...and the All Stars. I LOVE this song and it's been playing in my head ALL DAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y4UK8SCByI
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Wild, Wild West by The Escape Club...

Post by jodlyn »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nqInkEDTc

The next song on my Media play list... :17091:
fiona
Feenotes Owner

"Maybe" by Emma Bunton

Post by fiona »

I brought this one out of the collection a week ago and am still listening to the CD now. I honestly believe that she should put The Spice GIrls way behind her and carry on as a solo artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9LiJzz ... re=related
tmac396

Some Velvet Morning - Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood

Post by tmac396 »

I played a bunch of old records last night and this one has stuck with me all day today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-SVPJM4L4
jodlyn
Feenotes Contributor

Re: Hazy Shade of Winter by the Bangles

Post by jodlyn »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFRx4PkXeVM

I heard it this morning and now I can't get it out of my head.
PapaMouse

Often, the song that plays in my head is Somethin' Stupid...

Post by PapaMouse »

...by Frank (and Nancy) Sinatra. They billed it as a duo, but Nancy does little more than backing vocals. I think they could have left Nancy's part out completely, and done just fine. But someone in the record company probably thought that Nancy would bring in the younger crowd (since she had a hit with "These Boots Are Made For Walking") and they'd have a hit.

I'd like to hear the song with just Frankie's voice. But unless someone can/will electronically remove Nancy from it, I guess the closest we'll come to hearing a Frank Sinatra solo of "Somethin' Stupid" is if Frank Jr records it. (Are ya listening, Junior?)
How can I fear tomorrow?
PapaMouse

For several months (maybe over a year!),...

Post by PapaMouse »

...I've had a song that runs through now and then. The problem is that I don't remember the name nor any lyrics. It's just a phrase or two of the melody. Google, and other search engines are fine for searching something that you have words for. If I type "My boat sails stormy seas. Battles oceans filled with tears.", they'll tell me that's from the Moody Blues' "For My Lady". If I type in "Whistler's Mother", I learn that the actual title of the painting is "Arrangement in Black and Gray, No. 1". But I can't exactly type in "Da da DAH daaaaahh, da-da daaaaahhhhhh" and expect any of them to recognize it. Even if I used my music writer program and put the notes "on paper", would any search engine have such stuff in their database?

For all I know, it may be something that the latent composer in me came up with. (Highly unlikely.) But the few people I've subjected to it -- I mean, that I've hummed it to -- don't recognize it. All I can tell you (with words) is that it seems to be a waltz. And even realizing that much took me a month or so of thinking about the song itself.

Very frustrating.
How can I fear tomorrow?
fiona
Feenotes Owner

Re: For several months (maybe over a year!),...

Post by fiona »

PapaMouse wrote:. But I can't exactly type in "Da da DAH daaaaahh, da-da daaaaahhhhhh"
You've got me repeating it to myself all the time but it's not ringing any bells unless it's something like "The Blue Danube" which I don't think it is.

If you discover the mystery will you please let me know so I can stop saying it out loud to myself and trying to figure it out? :lol:
PapaMouse

One Day of Your Life - Andy Williams

Post by PapaMouse »

It's a nice enough little song (Andy Williams songs are always "nice".), even if it is essentially asking for a one-night-stand. But it's been stuck in my head for over a week, and nothing I do will get rid of it. I've tried humming/singing other earworm-likely songs -- even out loud! -- to no avail.
How can I fear tomorrow?